Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Projects


Both Stephen and I aren't ones to sit around with nothing to do. We both like a project or two to be going on with.
Currently I have a couple on the go: a sewing and knitting one. Both of these activities are things I have done a lot of in the past but not so much of late. Being in Clyde during the winter months is the perfect time to resurrect such skills so both the knitting needles and the sewing machine have come out of hibernation.
I found a dear wee long lined child's cardigan in a Women's Weekly magazine so that has been my first project. I have used a merino double knit wool from a shop in Alexandra and at $3.70 per 50g ball is good value compared to similar products I have seen elsewhere. Not having anyone of that age to give it to I am now on the look out for a size 3-4 year old who would like to wear it.

The next knitting project is a newborn singlet. Francie, our neighbour up here in Clyde, has given me some 3 ply wool, pattern and knitting needles to use. I am finding quite therapeutic to be sitting at night to the click clack of the needles. Would anyone know a newborn who would like this?
My sewing project is a bolero type jacket to wear with a dress I have been wearing to all the weddings we have been attending. Already we have the next invitation for the start of the next wedding season so I thought a jacket would give it a new look. The silk ones I have seen in some fashion shops were $399 so I decided I could do much better than that. Time will tell. Anyway I am now beavering away at that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment