Sunday, May 26, 2013

Oyster Festival


The Bluff Oyster Festival is an iconic Southland festival and attracts thousands every year to Bluff to sample the world famous oyster. Unfortunately it is one those events that we always promise ourselves we will attend but never quite get around to it. By all accounts there is plenty to keep everyone entertained as well as fed. Yesterday would have been a bonus year as the weather was on its best behaviour.
The following link will take you to the website for further information and maybe tempt you to attend next year: Bluff Oyster Festival

I had fully intended to cook pizza for tea last night but it was much later than I intended when I was heading back to the bus. I had been visiting a very dear friend who has just lost her husband so I decided that fish and chips from the Otatara Takeaways would do very nicely. When I went into the shop there was a big sign saying Oysters Available so I thought I would treat ourselves to this local delicacy. I placed my order for blue cod and a half a dozen oysters and duly paid. You can imagine my surprise when the shop assistant apologetically told me they only had ONE oyster left. I ran with just the one and we duly shared it. Next year if we are in Southland I think a trip to the Bluff Festival is in order.














No comments:

Post a Comment