Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday morning tea

It seems like I have just changed one organisation for another as far as providing morning tea on a Friday.Stephen, bless his heart, organised me to make and bring morning tea out to the site in Lyttelton.  So there I was rushing to make date scones and lemon muffins and get them out to the boys by 10am.It was when I was out enjoying the camaraderie over a cuppa that I realised it was Friday and nothing really has changed.!! (For those who aren't aware of my previous life, most Friday mornings I took morning tea to  the Community Nursery in Otatara where I was a regular volunteer.)



Two of the boys we have met and are staying here on site are Peter from Singapore and Kim from Korea. They are great company and are certainly enjoying all the food I am cooking for them.






Our first quake gave us quite a start at 3:30pm while we were sitting in the dining room/hall here on site having a cuppa. Stephen got quite a start. There was a very loud jolt and the doors into the hall rattled. Initially it was listed as a 4.9 but was later downgraded to a 4.2 and was centred near Rolleston.  I daresay it won't be the last.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Maggie!
    We really appreciate your effort in rushing down with the delicious scones and lemon muffins. Least to mention you had trouble with turning the headlamps just before the tunnel, I found that pretty amusing when you mentioned it over smoko.
    -Peter

    ReplyDelete