Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The day of the big journey

Well the day of the big journey has finally arrived. My sister Barbara got us to the airport in plenty of time as she had to be at work by 9am. My brother Fraser had driven us up to Christchurch yesterday afternoon as we have left both the car and the bus on his farm at Mayfield, while we are away. The bus had been there since Sunday when we called in on our way to Geraldine after spending Saturday on the Coast. From what I can gather we were lucky to get back on Sunday as there was a large slip later in the day. Just as well we left early.I should think Mum and Dad were pleased to see us go on Tuesday. We seemed to fill their house, mostly with washing! We had brought back anything from the bus that looked like it needed a wash and though the day was sunny there was not a loot of drying. Add to that our suitcases that needed to be packed, plus me with my nose in both the computer and the iPad as I needed to get the July edition of the Herb Society newsletter finished and published before we left.I now feel quite calm sitting here on the plane writing this post for my blog. We are flying with Singapore Airlines and the first leg of the journey is very comfortable,even in economy. The plane would only be a third full I would say so we have been able to spread ourselves over three seats which is great. We get to have a six hour stopover in Singapore and then it is onwards and upwards to Heathrow. We arrive at 6am and Jessica is going to collect us. We have told her not to be there too early as we suspect that it could be very busy with long queues at border control. Time will tell.I would have to say I am loving this iPad. It is so portable and every day I am getting better at using it. I have written this post in the notebook and hopefully I will be able to copy and paste it to my blog when I am connected to the Internet!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment